Since today marks day one of Love As A Kind Of Cure's month-long Freedom Festival, we thought it only right to kick things off by giving you a little taste of what's to come on July 11th. "What's that?" you might ask. A cook-along (!) led by food entrepreneurs Hawa Hassan, Kaino Moju, and Kirsten Kirby-Shoote. Now for the cherry on top, you can get free access to the Cook-Along and all Freedom Festival programming by using code LOVESTUDIES here, plus 15% off a Social Studies tablescape of your choice by using code LOVEKINDCURE15 here.
To help get you prepared for July 11th, you can follow and sing along as Love As A Kind Of Cure's co-founder and CMO, Courtney Montague, sets the table with our Bali Mama look and whips up two tasty dishes. Recipes included and provided below... bon appétit!
Press "Play" Below
Tracy Pillay's Chicken Curry
- 1 tbl Kashmiri spice
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- ½ (3 oz) cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp of ground garlic
- 4 pieces of chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 tsp masala
- ½ tsp cilantro powder
- 1 ½ tsp of rock salt
- Fresh cilantro
- Half and onion – chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup water
- Heat oil in pan using medium heat. Fry onions, garlic and ginger until brown.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine :)
- Add the tomato paste, turmeric, masalas, cilantro power, salt and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken. Add ½ cup water. Let the curry simmer for 30-55 minutes. You can add more water if you want to weaken the curry during cooking. Garnish with fresh coriander once the curry is cooked.
- Optional add 125 ml of fresh cream or coconut milk.
The Polenta Dish
Courtney put her own spin on this recipe and we encourage you to do the same. See you "at" the Freedom Festival!